10/29/12

Slightly delusional???

So we put an offer on this little house in Ohio, and it was accepted!  I love it, and at the same time I'm terrified of it!  It was built in 1838!  Holy cow, that's before Abraham Lincoln was president!  That's before the Civil War!  Sometimes the reality of how old this home truly is sinks in and I wonder what the heck we're doing!  Are we crazy or what!

The house has some cool history.  The property was once a pony express stop.  The home was built as a stage coach stop later on.  It housed guests in the front part of the home and the family lived in the back of the home.  Abraham Lincoln and Johnny Appleseed have stayed here!  And there are two giant apples trees in the back yard that are rumored to be planted by Johnny Appleseed...well, that's how the story goes any way :) 

I'm excited to make this home our own.  I'm sure there will be lots of pictures and updates as soon as it becomes officially ours!  Now we just need to sell our Utah house...any takers???

2 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't check blogs very often but just checked yours and read your news about your upcoming move. Congratulations! What a fun adventure for your family!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...