2/23/12

Valentine Decorations

I wanted to decorate my house for Valentine's Day, but not with the usual pink and red.  I saw this from www.childreninspiredesign.com and absolutely LOVED it!  The colors were perfect!



So I decided to make one of my own (this is above my fireplace):



I painted a canvas white.  Then I went through my piles of scrapbook paper to find the colors I wanted to use.  They all had a pattern except for the blue, so I wrote a bunch of random things on it in cursive.  Then I cut out the letters.  The yellow was pretty light so I took an ink pad to the edges to give it some contrast to the white background.  Then I mod-podged the letters onto the canvas.  Once it was dry I glazed the entire thing with the same stuff I glaze my furniture with.  You can read about that here.


I used the same turquoise for a candle and stuck it in white sand:


Remember my fabric scrap wreaths from Christmas?  Well, I didn't want to take them down so I hung little plaster hearts in the center:

 
My hutch:

And this paper wreath is simply hearts cut out of scrap book paper and sewn with a sewing machine!  I didn't know you could do that!!!


 Oh, and my hubby topped it all off with a dozen roses (awwww)!

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! Looks like you've been having fun. Violet is so cute! Another tip for icing if you use a ziploc bag is to put the bag in a cup and fold the sides over the cup, then it is easier to fill.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...