2/29/12

Fabric Strip Balls

 

I needed a touch of spring for our dining room table.  I bought these foam balls which are about 4" in diameter.


I have bins and bins of fabric.  I always over-buy!  Any way, I went through some of my favorites: 


And narrowed it down to the finalists:


I tore my fabric into strips about 1.5" wide.  This is really easy to do.  Just make a little snip with your scissors and then tear it the rest of the way across your fabric.
 

I overlapped the strips by a little bit.  They crossed at each polar end forming an X.



I continued wrapping the fabric around the ball until it was completely covered.  I hot glued the strip on the bottom each time I wrapped it around.  I also glued any gaping areas when I was all done.

 

I love how they turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...