2/22/12

Royal Icing made EASY!

I really don't like frosting things.  Mostly because I really really don't like the frosting bags.  The frosting always comes out the back end (and yah, I twist it and tuck it), and it's no fun to clean.  

During Christmas time I experimented with royal icing for the first time...and it really frustrated the heck outta me!  I love the look of royal icing, but hated doing it!

So when it came time to decorate sugar cookies for Valentine's Day I decided to try something else instead of a frosting bag...


I used a ketchup bottle instead!  An 8-pack was only $0.97 from Walmart!  I made the royal icing just thick enough to come out nicely (but not spread out) for the border of the cookie.  Then I watered down the royal icing and filled the ketchup bottle up again and filled in my outline area.  It was so easy and so much faster than using a frosting bag, and way easier to clean! 


 Go ahead and say it...I'm a freakin' genious :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...