1/12/12

Fabric Strip Wreath


I wanted to hang wreaths in the windows in my living room and couldn't find anything I liked.  So I bought some simple fabric and straw wreaths.  I tore the fabric in long strips about 3" in width.


I decided what would be the back of my wreath and with a sharpie drew a line around it.  That way when I turn the wreath around I won't forget which is the front side.

 

With hot glue, I attached the end of the first fabric strap and then began wrapping it around the wreath, over lapping the layers by an inch or so.  Every few times around I would secure the fabric down with hot glue so it would stay in place.  I made sure I always glued on the back side.  I used a few strips for each wreath.


I threaded a fat piece of ribbon through the valance on my blinds and around the wreath.  I tied it in a knot and slid the knot behind the valance. 


I made three :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...