1/12/12

Christmas Decor!


I love the classic look of stockings hung above the fireplace.  I wasn't sure how to achieve that without making a bunch of holes across my fireplace.  Sure I could put hooks up, but then what would I do with them for the remaining 10 months of the year?

So a few years ago, I bought a piece of trim from Home Depot and cut it to the length I wanted.  I painted it red and glazed it with black.  On the back I put two jagged hangers (the kind you see on the back of picture frames that look like teeth) and on the front I screwed in little hooks.  I only needed to use two nails to hang it up.

I finally was able to hang stockings above our fireplace without beating it all up!  I had to rearrange the hooks, fill in holes and repaint it all just to add another hook for Violet.  Now we're all accounted for!




I bought these star-bursts from Walmart last year and hung them from the ceiling above the bar, but this year I hung them from our chandelier in the dining room.  They're a fun (and cheap) way to add some pizzazz and color :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...