9/12/12

Finishing the Basement

 
So we are FINALLY done with the basement!!!  When we first moved in only the stair well in the center of the basement existed.  We finished Sam's room (minus carpet) 3 or 4 years ago, and Kaeli and Rylie's room (minus carpet) 2.5 years ago.  The rest we have been working on slowly but surely.  We finally decided to bite the bullet and just get it DONE (you know, since we've been living here for 5.5 years...it was about time)!  We hired out some and we did some.  We know we could've done it all on our own, but that would have taken us another 5 years at the rate we were going :)  So the "before" pictures are not really from the very beginning, but from the beginning of the final stretch.
  
FAMILY ROOM
before:
 
I got to design it all...and I LOVED it!  I had it all on paper, but wasn't satisfied until I literally drew the plans on the concrete :)
during:
 after:
The french doors lead into my art studio...they were a PAIN to hang, but I love them.
STUDIO
When I was little I loved drawing house plans.  And just about every house plan had an art studio.  Never did I think I would actually get one!
before: 
during: 
  after: 
 
Aaron did all the electrical so I was spoiled with lighting and he put them wherever I wanted :)
COMPUTER NOOK & HALLWAY
before:
We took out the wall (still exists in these "before" pix) under the stairs to create a computer nook for the kids.
 
 during:
 after:
BATHROOM
This is a "during" picture.  Now it's almost done, but needs some final touches...so the bathroom reveal will come later.
We are just about burnt out!  So glad we're close to the end.  We've moved some furniture to the basement and already enjoying the extra living space.  And the kids are thrilled to finally have carpet in their rooms!!! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I have major basement-envy. Oh how I long for the day when we can finish ours :) It looks amazing! I love the computer nook idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...