6/17/12

PoLkA-dOt PaRtY

Rylie had a "Polka-dot" themed birthday party this year.  Everything was polka-dots!  It was so much fun to plan!  This party happened a month ago, so I am a little behind on blogging, but here goes any way...
  
This banner is just made from scrapbook paper and threaded together with colorful twine...super easy to do!  I made three banners, all different sizes.

I love the idea of having a birthday chair where the birthday child has a special place to sit :)
  
I bought a big circular paper-hole punch and cut out circles from scrapbook paper and then simply sewed them together with the sewing machine.  Also, super easy to do.  I hung them from the chandelier and on the walls:

 paper lanterns:
For our Polka-dot craft the kids decorated little bags with stamps and puffy paint.  Not at all fancy...simple is best :)
 Polka-dot games included TWISTER...duh,
BOWLING (food coloring added to regular ole water bottles + polka-dot ball),
And a bunch of RELAY RACES WITH BALLOONS!
 Have you ever seen a bigger bag of balloons before? 
And of course the party was topped off with a polka-dot cupcake :)




1 comment:

  1. Such a cute party! We are having a polka dot party next week for my daughter, she's turning 5 and I am using your post as inspiration. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...