6/18/12

BIRTHDAY PARTY ROTATION


Recently, I've been asked how we do birthday parties for FIVE kids every year.  That's an easy one...we don't!  When our kids were little, waaay before they were old enough to have parties with friends, I came up with a birthday party rotation so I wouldn't be stuck planning several parties each year.  They're a lot of work and can be stressful.  So here's our tradition:


EVERY YEAR the birthday child gets a "family party".  Just us, banner, balloons, cake, presents, etc.  Nothing elaborate, but we do make it a point to make that child feel extra special and loved by his/her family.


EVERY FOUR YEARS the kids get to have a "party with friends".  That means at age 4, 8, 12 & 16 we plan a party with games, crafts,...the whole shebang!  This way, everything is fair, and the kids know exactly when they get their party with friends.  I have been really happy with it, and it's worked out really well.  except for when they turn eight...,because I'm usually planning a baptism too :) 


ALSO, every year on their birthday (or close to it) my children endure a little photo shoot with me.  I love taking their pictures and they're kind enough to oblige...after all, I did give birth to them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...