6/21/11

Night Stand Do Over

A long time ago I inherited this little side table.  I've been using it as a nightstand ever since.  Let's just say "hunter green" is not my fave.  So instead of purchasing a new nightstand, I decided to just give the old one a new look!

Here it is BEFORE:
 And AFTER!
Yah, it's YELLOW!  And right now I really love yellow.  I was going for a "butter yellow" but it turned out a little more "lemon yellow".  I almost changed it, but decided I liked it.

When I was getting ready to paint it, I could have taken it apart completely, but I just took the door off and the table top off and sanded it a wee bit.  Then I primed it and spray painted it with "Bright Idea" by Krylon. 
  

I glazed it with a black glaze to make it a little less shiny and a little more antiquey-looking.  Just like I did with the child's rocking chair.  And then I replaced the old wooden knob with a glass one.



And here it is sitting in my room in it's rightful spot, looking all summery and cheerful!


 LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. So very glad you linked this up today. I will be doing a feature on painted furniture and will be linking up your sunny yellow side table.
    Pam # BeColorful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...