5/1/12

Faux Roman Shades

I am finally getting around to blogging about my roman shades.  I couldn't find a pattern that I liked anywhere, so I just did it my own way.  I also wasn't sure if it was OK to layer blinds with shades, since they usually do the same job.  But they're faux shades, so I'm pretending they're more like curtains than shades :)  Here they are!


At first I wasn't sure if I liked the different amount of light that came through the shades...some of it is bright and some of it is dark.  After a few days I decided it was alright.  They are lined so I thought the light would shine through consistently...oh well. 



I think they add a lot of warmth and color to the living room.  Here is a BEFORE picture:

And AFTER:
  
I also made a pillow :)
 
Love that bird!

Voila!

One of my future projects is to case the windows in trim.  It'll look sooo much better when I do!



1 comment:

  1. Like your fabric choices. The yellow brightens up the room.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...