3/20/12

Laundry for seven

Laundry at our house is never-ending!  The kids aren't quite old enough to do their own, so I've come up with a way for them to be more involved.  Wednesday is laundry day for the kids' stuff.  I still do the sorting and washing, but they fold and put away.  When the clothes are dry and still warm, I lay them flat on the couch and smooth out all the wrinkles.  I stack them into piles as I go.

In the back of my mind I am always hoping no one stops by for a visit on laundry day.  At least I'm not airing our DIRTY laundry :)
       

When the kids get home from school, it's their turn.  Sam folds and puts away his clothes and Sara's, Kaeli does hers and Violet's, and Rylie does her own.  It really doesn't take them long at all and I don't have to worry about the clothes being wrinkly.  It also gives me time to move onto other laundry....

I had to laugh when I noticed Sam was wearing the same clothes over and over just so he wouldn't have so many clothes to fold.  It's easy to get away with that when you wear a school uniform and your clothes look the same from day to day, but I eventually caught on.  That is such a BOY THING to do!  But to give him credit, he thought it would be OK since he wears deodorant :)
       

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of just the right amount of kid involvement in getting the laundry done. I still do everything. The only thing they do is to take it back to their room and put them away. I have the opposite problem from Sam, where the kids put clean clothes in the laundry basket just because they don't want to put them back in their closet. I am going to try your way next week and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...